Academic Advising CenterLocated in Main Hall 214, the Academic Advising Center was established to provide students with access to informed and experienced Academic Advisors who will educate, guide, and encourage them in their efforts toward achieving their academic and personal goals.
Students can work with the Academic Advisors to:
- Prepare to register for classes through an advising workshop
- Complete remediation in math and/or English
- Earn an Associate Degree
- Learn who their faculty advisor is and where their office is located
- Change advisor or degree programs
- Get help completing required forms and navigating the university system
- Obtain a catalog or schedule of classes
- Receive assistance with degree planning using our Academic Advising Worksheets
- Have a transcript(s) evaluated for transfer credits
- Learn more about accessing their DAWGS account
- Get general assistance with finding courses (specific help comes from your Faculty Advisor)
- See a friendly face and visit the always present candy dish!
Students can make an appointment or walk-in to meet with an Academic Advisor.
Registration for Summer 2017 and Fall 2017 begins April 10th! Plan your next semester schedule and prepare to meet with your Faculty Advisor!
Workshops will be held every Tuesday & Thursday at 10:30am and 1:30pm (except block break and holidays). Make sure to bring your Advising Manual and Bulldog Card!
Located in STC computer labs on the following dates:
April 4th, 5th, 6th, 11th, 13th, 18h, 20th, 25th, 27th
**You can earn 700 Paw Prints for attending a workshop. Don't forget to bring your Bulldog Card!
Priority Registration Dates for Summer & Fall 2017
April 10th - Seniors, TRiO, & students registered with Disability Services
April 11th - Juniors
April 12th - Sophomores
April 13th - Freshman
May 1st- New Students & Readmits