Academic Advising CenterLocated in Main Hall 214, the Academic Advising Center was established to provide students with access to informed and experienced Academic Advisors who will educate, guide, and encourage them in their efforts toward achieving their academic and personal goals.
Students can work with the Academic Advisors to:
- Prepare to register for classes through an advising workshop
- Complete remediation in math and/or English
- Earn an Associate Degree
- Learn who their faculty advisor is and where their office is located
- Change advisor or degree programs
- Get help completing required forms and navigating the university system
- Obtain a catalog or schedule of classes
- Receive assistance with degree planning using our Academic Advising Worksheets
- Have a transcript(s) evaluated for transfer credits
- Learn more about accessing their DAWGS account
- Get general assistance with finding courses (specific help comes from your Faculty Advisor)
- See a friendly face and visit the always present candy dish!
Students can make an appointment or walk-in to meet with an Academic Advisor.
Registration for Summer 2016 & Fall 2016 begins April 11th! Plan your next semester schedule and prepare to meet with your Faculty Advisor! Workshops will be held every Tuesday & Thursday at 10:30am and 1:30pm (except block break and holidays).
Located in STC computer labs on the following dates:
March 29th, 31st
April 5th, 12th, 14th, 19th, 21st, 26th, 28th
Priority Registration Dates for Summer 2016 & Fall 2016
April 11th - Seniors, TRiO, & students registered with Disability Services
April 12th - Juniors
April 13th - Sophomores
April 14th - Freshman
May 2nd - New Students & Readmits