Academic Advising Center
Located in Main Hall 214, the Academic Advising Center was established to provide students with access to informed and experienced Academic Advisors who will educate, guide, and encourage them in their efforts toward achieving their academic and personal goals.
Students can work with the Academic Advisors to:
- Prepare to register for classes through an advising workshop
- Complete remediation in math and/or English
- Earn an Associate Degree
- Learn who their faculty advisor is and where their office is located
- Change advisor or degree programs
- Get help completing required forms and navigating the university system
- Obtain a catalog or schedule of classes
- Receive assistance with degree planning using our Academic Advising Worksheets
- Have a transcript(s) evaluated for transfer credits
- Learn more about accessing their DAWGS account
- Get general assistance with finding courses (specific help comes from your Faculty Advisor)
- See a friendly face and visit the always present candy dish!
- Students can make an appointment or walk-in to meet with an Academic Advisor.
Do you know how to register for Spring 2018?!
Registration for SPRING 2018 begins on November 6th for current students! Make sure you're registration responsible by being prepared ahead of time. Classes may fill up quickly, and the sooner you take care of your registration, the less you have to worry about getting into the classes you need or want to take!
- Check on and take care of any holds you may have on your account! Holds will block you from making any changes to your schedule--including adding classes for your Spring semester!
- Update your degree tracking worksheets in your Advising Manual and plan out some classes you'd like to take next by attending an Advising Workshop--you can also earn 700 Paw Prints for attending!
- Make an appointment to meet with your Faculty Advisor to go over your Spring 2018 class schedule, questions you might have about your degree, and to get your very important Alternate Pin for registration
- Make sure you know when your priority registration date opens
- Login to your DAWGS account beginning at 8am on your Priority Registration Date
- Go to Student Services > Registration > Submit for Spring 2018 Semester
- Complete the Registration Agreement Questions
- Click on Add/Drop Classes > Enter your Alternate Pin you received from your Faculty Advisor and submit
- Happy Registering!
Priority Registration Dates for Spring 2018
- November 6th - Seniors, TRiO, & students registered with Disability Services
- November 7th - Juniors
- November 8th - Sophomores
- November 9th - Freshman
Workshops will be held every Tuesday & Thursday at 10:30am and 1:30pm (not including block break and holidays). Make sure to bring your Advising Manual and Bulldog ID Card!
Located in STC 105 on the following dates:
- October 31st
- November 2nd, 7th, 9th, 14th, 16th, 28th, 30th
- December 5th, 7th, 12th, 14th, 19th